Wednesday, May 4, 2011

person simply shopping around and decided on us...you figure why


For about 2 months I did research on the internet looking for a pair of KISS boots. I saw several auctions on Ebay for leggings and boot shells, I contacted a seller named "Baldguy" he told me his shells would only fit certain sizes of boots and to make them fit I would either have to heat them up with a heat gun and try to put them on myself or send my boots to him and he would put them on by using a hot glue gun. If I'm going to spend over $200.00 I want them done the correct way. The 2nd guy I spoke with was Curtis Clark he seemed liked a nice guy and he had references but when I would speak to them about Curtis's work they were more interested in bashing Barry Carr than saying anything about Curtis's work. Both Curtis and "Baldguy" will tell you that Barry Carr is a fraud and a rip off artist, that is their entire sales pitch to get you to buy from them. I looked on this website http://www.kisscostumes.blogspot.com/ and come to find out that is Barry's page and it show's all the feedback and pictures of his customers wearing Barry's finished products and it all looked amazing!!Even some of the people bashing Barry's work were on here promoting his work with photos of them wearing the products.
I decided to contact Barry through Facebook and see what the deal really was, I told him what I was looking for and all the crap I was going through just to get a pair of boots. Within a matter of minutes I was on the phone with Barry discussing how he makes his boots and costumes compared to the other guys. Immediately I knew that I was dealing with a professional and that I would be doing business with him.
I'm just a regular guy who has been a huge KISS fan since middle school and all I want is other KISS fans to get their money's worth and not get ripped off. With Barry your going to get the real thing, his boots are not held together with hot glue and dry wall screws. And Curtis Clark & Baldguy admitted they build their stuff in this manner Yes!! these other guys might be appealing cause they are cheaper, but you get what you pay for. Don't settle like I almost did and waste your money on a knock off pair of boots. Take the time like me and contact Barry Carr for the "real deal" KISS ARMY!!!!
Jimmy