Thursday, March 31, 2011

ANOTHER SUPER SATISFIED CUSTOMER




The first time I ever encountered Kiss was My older brother took me along to girl's house he was trying go out with and she just bought Hotter then Hell. I sat there and stared at that cover for over 45 minutes and I was riveted to the music. I never heard anything like that before. I went home that night and found 3 Kiss songs on a compilation 8 track cassette my brother had. We went to see them for the first time and they were wearing the Alive suits and I made my first Gene costume from photos in the Alive LP.
When Destroyer came out and I saw that Ken Kelly artwork of their new suits I was in awe. When photos were floating around in magazines and I saw that armor suit all I could think about was getting one or making it. I tried a few times to make a suit like that unsuccessfully.
Well, fast forward some 30+ years later while on the internet looking at Kiss photos I see a link to a kiss costume website. I could not stop looking at the photos and reading the articles. I try to find out who this Barry Carr is. I finally find him on Facebook and E-mail him. After a bunch of e-mails and seeing his other Kiss costumes I was hooked. I talked to a few people who own his suits and they swore by him and his costumes. After some wheeling and Dealing I have him get started on my Destroyer suit. I mean the anticipation of finally owning the suit that I lusted after for over 3 decades was in reach. After sending in my deposit and measurements It was all going to happen. Barry was a pleasure to deal with and knows his shit for sure. Just yesterday the boxes arrived and I was almost shaking as I took them in. The suit was beyond my wildest expectations. It was awesome to say the least. I wore it for over an hour. I could not stop looking in the mirror. I am a costume and prop maker and i know when a costume is done right and how much effort goes into something and this is 100% top notch craftsmanship. I am now one happy son- of-a -bitch.
Thanks so much Barry...

Barrie.